Saturday, October 28, 2017

Use stress to your advantage.


I watched this Ted Talk How to make stress your friend | Kelly McGonigal and it changed the way I look at the stress.

Before I always saw stress as something that stays on my way, something negative, something that drains my energy. What I was missing is understanding why my body consumes more energy when it's under stress.

Turn out that when you perceive something as "dangerous" situation, the subconscious program reacts to your thoughts and prepares your body to for the challenge.

Hmm, that changes few things. First of all, I should probably be grateful for that. Secondly, I don't need to "fight" it. I can recognize that my body is trying to help me, accept it, and my tune up my thoughts. Thirdly, remind yourself that you are responsible for your body. You are responsible for giving it a good food, keeping it exercised, and last but not least for thoughts that you put in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment